March 2009 blogging themes.
- Money, wealth, morality. Borrow and Leverage, different languages of debt among the rich, the government and individuals; Poverty is Good for You, conservative scolds telling people that struggles, including poverty or a recession, are really good for you; Parables of Global Talent, a reaction to the entries for the “best job in the world” on an Australian barrier reef.
- Education. Profesionalizing Academia and Breaking Bad, a television series and the revolt of the managerial class; Saving Education - the Bill Gates Way, Bill Gates is interested in education but he’s just another person essentializing talent over social structure.
- Creativity and Complexity. Twyla Tharp on Creative Fears, notes from her book The Creative Habit; Glenda Eoyang on Human System Dynamics, notes from her presentation at Minnesota Independent Scholars Forum.
- Philosophy. Bias and Naive Mathematics, is mathematics more certain than philosophy? Some Philosophical Methods, different ways to do philosophy.
- Housecleaning. Miscellaneous notes, March 2009 reading list.