I’m feeling a bit surly and miscellaneous today. No particular reason that I can identify. Miscellaneous, an interesting word. My computer dictionary says it comes from the Latin miscere - to mix. It fits.
So here’s a mix of recent readings.
The neoeconomic consensus is beginning to fall apart.
- David Sirota starts it off with a broad summary
- New Democratic Network has some nifty graphics. I especially like the disconnect between productivity and wage growth.
- An interview with Bob Rubin, ex-Clinton treasury secretary that hints at the sea changes.
- Hale Stewart lays out the disconnect between college education and wages
In the Middle East:
- Juan Cole on the killing of UN workers
- Todd Gitlin on proportionality
- The UK Independent runs the scenarios
- Billmon breaks down and then recovers
- Abuaardvark on birth pangs of the new Middle East
Have a good night. Peace be with you.