Here’s a list of interesting items that crossed my radar in the last week. I don’t have much to add to what’s said below, this is more a manner of keeping track of my interests at this point in time.
The future of humanity
- Bruce Sterling dialoging at the WELL
- Joe Bageant laying into American complacency. More from an anti-consumerist point of view.
- James Howard Kuntsler laying into American energy complacency
Some thoughts on interesting technology
- a review of Macintosh software development
- Robert Cringely predicts 2007
- Mozilla heading toward an information broker instead of a browser
- Setting up OpenID with your blog
- an introduction to microformats
Creating a new educational/learning world.
- Bill Tozier points toward something as yet undefined, but very interesting
- Dave Pollard translates the long tail into the center and the edge
- Jakob Nielsen reminds us how difficult it is to get people to participate online, or elsewhere
Rhetorics of the internet age
Mrke Bernstein on hypetext literature, an area that I’d like to investigate in more depth.
Philosophy of Information and Technology
Personal Productivity and other improvements
Science, mostly astronomy